Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life Well Lived

The most important things in life are not things.
- Anthony J. D'Angelo
In the last week I have been moved by learning that three incredibly brave souls finished their fight here on earth; two missionary pilots in Kenya and my son's mother-in-love. Their loss leaves a heavy sadness on those who love them, but the mark they've left on the world around them is a cause for celebration. Any life that touches and changes other lives is a life well lived. May we follow their example.



So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, than should be brought to pass the saying that has been written: "Death has been swallowed up in victory. O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"
I Corinthians 15: 54-55 (NKJV)



When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for You?

When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I have done
For love's reward

Will stand the test of time
Lord, your mercy is so great
That you look beyond our weakness
That you found purest gold in miry clay
Turning sinners into saints


I will always sing Your praise
Here on earth and in heaven ever after
For you've joined me in my true home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone.
- Robin Marks

No comments: